News briefs Feb. 6.

Students interested in an early childhood education major will be able to explore the major in detail at a group advisory session, Monday, Feb. 8. This half-hour session starts at 11:45 a.m. in room 223 Porter.

EMU students make up a melting pot of religious backgrounds. At Monday's I Believe event, the topic of how different religions deal with life-threatening conditions and death will be discussed in the Student Center Ballroom. This is free and open to the public.

EMU’s men's basketball team will be playing Central Michigan University Tuesday, Feb. 9, at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $12.

Eastern's Percussion Ensemble will be having a concert in Pease Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. This is free and LBC approved.

The chair of the Michael G. Morris organization, Phillip Bowman, PhD, will be hosting Rethinking Intervention Strategies at EMU, in Porter room 211. This will be from noon to 1:00 p.m. This session will be a chance for people from across campus to “consider strategies for creating a community where students of color can thrive academically,” according to the EMU calendar.

EMU's Computer Science alumni and Ford IT will be holding a roundtable discussion in Halle room 300, Wednesday. They will be having several big discussions on big data, connected vehicles, applications, wearable technology and the Ford College Graduate Program. This goes from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. This is free and LBC approved.

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are going to be dueling in the next Democratic party presidential debate, Thursday, Feb. 11. EMU Democrats is going to hold a watch party in the Student Center room 310. Food will be provided. This is free and LBC approved.

Delta Sigma Phi is hosting a Frozen Fall on Feb. 11 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. in University Park and Big Bob’s Lake House to benefit the American Red Cross. Participants are asked to raise a minimum of $50 prior to completing the jump in hopes of raising awareness and support of the American Red Cross.