Police blotter Feb. 17

Thursday, Feb. 11, 2016.

The Department of Public Safety pulled over a car going the wrong way on a one-way street at the corner of Washtenaw and College Place at 1:38 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 11. Officers could smell alcohol from the car and the 22-year-old non-student failed a field sobriety test. They were then arrested and taken to the Washtenaw County Jail.

On Thursday, a student reported a parking hangtag was stolen from their vehicle sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Jan. 27. DPS didn't say why the student waited until 1:47 p.m. on the Feb. 11 to report it, but that the car was unlocked at the time.

DPS stopped a car at the intersection of Huron River Drive and Ann Street at 10:25 p.m. for driving with a stolen license plate. The driver, who was not an EMU student, was arrested on two Pittsfield Township warrants. While searching the 44-year-old woman's car, they found a “small amount” of what they believed to be heroin. That evidence has been sent to the crime lab for analysis. They then turned the suspect over to the Pittsfield Township police.

Friday, Feb. 12, 2016.

Student Housing called DPS at 11:38 p.m. to report underage students drinking at a party. This has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.

Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016.

Two EMU students were taken to St. Joseph Mercy's Hospital at 6:02 p.m., Saturday night. They were drinking at a party in Putnam. According to DPS the party also involved some non-students.

Sunday, Feb. 14, 2016.

EMU officers assisted the Ypsilanti Police Department for an assault call on Green Road, Sunday at 12:22 a.m. Because this is a YPD case, the DPS spokesperson refused to elaborate.

A student who parked their car in North Campus Lot called DPS at 10:27 a.m. to report that some of their property had been taken from their car's trunk. This happened sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. the night before. DPS says it currently doesn’t know if anyone got into it, but DPS is reviewing camera footage.

DPS pulled over a car for driving with an expired plate at 9:38 p.m. at the corner of Oakwood and Sheridan. The officer could smell alcohol in the car and the non-student was cited for marijuana, paraphernalia and driving with open intoxicants. The vehicle was impounded, but the 32-year-old man was not arrested.

Monday, Feb. 15, 2016.

A student called DPS at 10:55 p.m. to report that their GPS system had been stolen from their car. It was parked in North Campus Lot from 3:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. when it was stolen. DPS is still investigating.