Police blotter Feb. 2.

Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016.

A Department of Public Safety officer pulled over a car on North Hamilton for a traffic violation at 2:13 a.m. The driver, who was not an EMU student, then got out of the car and fled police on foot. The driver, a 24-year-old male, was stopped, given a sobriety test, and failed it. He was arrested for fleeing and driving while under the influence of alcohol and taken to the Washtenaw County Jail.

The Parking Department called DPS at 12:31 p.m. A student parked in the North lot was caught having altered their parking pass from a previous semester to make it look current. This case has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.

Friday, Jan. 29. 2016.

Student Housing reported the smell of marijuana in Pittman at 11:43 p.m. DPS found a student who admitted to smoking marijuana. This case has been handed over to Student Conduct.

Student Housing called DPS at 4:09 p.m. for possible criminal sexual conduct. An EMU student reported overhearing a student telling another student that they knew of a criminal sexual conduct incident. DPS says they do not know who the victim is, if it happened on campus, or if this information is accurate. They are including it in the EMU crime log for legal reasons.

Saturday, Jan. 30. 2016.

Student housing called DPS at 12:22 p.m. to Sellers for arson. DPS found someone had burned a paper decoration on the door of a student's dorm room.

Students in Buell called DPS at 2:52 a.m. to report an intoxicated underage student. The student was taken to St. Joseph Mercy’s Hospital. This case has been sent to Student Conduct.

Sunday, Jan. 31, 2016.

Student Housing reported an underage student with alcohol at 2:03 a.m. No hospitalization was necessary. The case is being handled by Student Conduct.

Student Housing called DPS for an underage student with alcohol at 2:44 a.m. No hospitalization was necessary. The case has been handed over to Student Conduct.