EMU human resources graduate programs rank top 10

Two of Eastern Michigan University's graduate Human Resources programs have been ranked in the top 10 in a nationwide survey.

According to a press release from university communications, the Masters of Science in Human Resources and Organizational Development placed in the top 10 for programs emphasis in Human Resources.

According to the LEAD's website, Eastern's award for master programs with an emphasis in Human Resources ranked Eastern among institutions like St. Joseph's University, the University of Cincinnati and Clemson University. Eastern's certificate program with an emphasis on Human Resources put EMU on par with Colorado State University, Ryerson University and UCLA.

In both cases, Eastern was the only institution from Michigan.

Fraya Wagner-Marsh is the head of the Management Department of the College of Business at EMU. In a press release from the university, she said she was thrilled to receive this award.

"This honor is a validation of the commitment that faculty and staff have to making our graduate programs in HR both challenging and applied" Wagner-Marsh said.

Award recipients were selected based on an application and nomination process, which were reviewed by HR.com’s leadership panel, along with feedback from the program’s participants.

These programs received their awards at the LEAD2016 event in Nashville. On their website, they referred to themselves as "the 'Oscars' of Leadership." LEAD compiles rankings of institutions and industries to create role models for success and leadership.

Some of the guest speakers that attending LEAD2016 included Mo Bridges, founder of Mo’s Bows fun and cool bow ties, for NHL player Theo Fleury and season 3 Master Chef winner Christina Ha. According to their website “LEAD2016 [assembles] some of the world's top leaders to inspire others with simple stories, encouraging them to take everyday leadership actions to create a better world.”