EMU to host job fair

In some ways, getting a college degree is the easy part of building a career. Getting a job after getting the degree is a bit more challenging. That is what the Eastern Michigan University job fair is for. This university-sponsored fair will be in the EMU Convention Center, Friday, March 18, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The fair is geared towards juniors, seniors, and alumni. The fair will be focused on opportunities for students looking into business, liberal arts, technology and healthcare disciplines. This is a great opportunity for students to search the job market in person instead of online.

EMU will be welcoming students from all local 2 and 4 year institutions. Attendance is free, but you must register prior to.

According to their website, candidates are recommended to dress professionally, bring several copies of their resume and view the list of potential employers before attending.

There will be several dozen employers at the event including Coca-Cola, Busch, Central Transport, DTE, Centria Healthcare, GM and the Henry Ford Health System.

This fair is replacing the old Michigan Collegiate Job Fair system. There will be another fair during the 2016 fall semester with the date to be determined later.