News briefs, March 2

The EMU swimming and dive team will host the MAC Championships Wednesday, March 2, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. as part of a two day event. It will continue Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. all days. All three events will be at the Jones Pool. Attendance is free.

Do you know what colorism is? Colorism is a prejudice for a group of people within a race, or your own race, based on their skin tone. The Kings of Color will be discussing this problem in the Student Center room 325, Thursday, March 4, at 7:00 p.m. This discussion will be free and LBC approved.

EMU Music and Dance will be having a Vocal Arts Home Tour Concert, Friday, at Pease Auditorium. According to the EMU calendar, this will be a concert of vocals. It is at 7:30 p.m. This is free and LBC approved.

In Her Eyes is a discussion session that the Kings of Color student group will be having Friday, March 4. According to their description in the EMU Calendar, this will be a part of Women's History Month. "We will discuss the different types of abuse women face every day" the calendar says. This will be in the Student Center's room 352, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

The Good Dinosaur will be the Student Center's Friday Night Movie. The free showings will be at 8:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom.

Reacting to the Past is a teaching technique for history students where they reenact what people did historically to gain a new level of understanding. EMU students will be able to get a hands on experience of how it works at the Halle Library, Saturday, March 5. This two day event is free.

The EMU Wrestling team will host the MAC wrestling championships in the Convocation Center, Saturday and Sunday. Both meets will last all day. Tickets will be $5.

Pipes & Bells is a concert that will be at Pease Auditorium, Saturday, at 7:30 p.m. This "handbell invitational performance" will be featuring the Detroit Handbell Ensemble according to the EMU calendar