News briefs, March 27

Easter was Sunday, March 27, but the Student Center’s Food Court will be having a three-hour egg hunt, Monday, March 28, at 12:00 noon. Eggs will be hidden around the Student Center and the student with the most will get an unspecified prize.

Andrew Wilfong, PhD, will be the guest speaker at Monday’s Math Gems Seminar in Pray-Harrold room 418. Wilfong will be “counting faces of polyhedral” according to the EMU calendar, starting at 3:30 p.m. Attendance is free and LBC approved.

The EMU softball team will start its season with a double header against its guests, the Detroit Titans, Tuesday, March 29. This game against the University of Detroit Mercy team will be free to attend. It starts at 1:00 p.m. at the Varsity Field.

Eastern will be hosting its Student Gold Medallion Awards again this year. It will be in the Student Center Ballroom Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. Awards will go to individual students, faculty, staff, etc. Everyone is welcome and attendance is free.

Alexander Music Hall will be full of clarinet music, Tuesday, at 6:00 p.m. According to the EMU Calendar, Sandra Jackson will be the main performer. Attendance is free and LBC approved.

Amanda Edmonds has been mayor of Ypsilanti for two years. EMU’s College Democrats has arranged for her to meet students in Pray-Harrold room 213, Tuesday, at 7:00 p.m. This will be a chance for students to talk to the mayor directly about the upcoming election and politics within Ypsilanti. This is free and LBC approved.

The Women’s Resource Center will be having its Stand in Solidarity awareness program, Wednesday, March 30, at 5:30 p.m. This program will be a chance for students to connect and provide support to sexual assault survivors. This is free and LBC approved.

The EMU baseball team will be playing Oakland at Oestrike Stadium, Wednesday, at 6:00 p.m. The game will be free.

The documentary “Sins Invalid: An Unashamed Claim to Beauty” will play in the Student Center, room 310A, at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the film’s website, this was based on performances of sexuality and disabilities over a decade. “Sins Invalid is as an entryway into the absurdly taboo topic of sexuality and disability, manifesting a new paradigm of disability justice.” Attendance at EMU’s screening and discussion of the 2013 documentary will be free and LBC approved.

Close Up is an EMU student group, whose performances “explore health and social issues relevant to student life,” according to its EMU page. Its free show, Growing Pains, will be at the Alexander Music Building at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, March 31.

Eastern’s staff and students will be participating in Storytellers Lounge at 9:00 p.m., Thursday, in the Student Center, room 310. This is a two-hour performance from artists, emerging writers and performers. “Eight to ten people will have the opportunity to share a real-life story,” according to Campus Life. Attendance is free.