Police blotter, March 13

Monday, March 7, 2016.

• An EMU student called the Department of Public Safety at 3:23 p.m. to report that some of their clothing was missing. It went missing from their room sometime between 3:00 p.m. on Feb. 28 and 10 p.m. on March 6. DPS is conducting interviews and security cameras haven't revealed any useful information yet.
  • A student in Best called DPS at 3:33 p.m. to report that an underage student had alcohol in their room. The student was not drunk, but has been reported to the Office of Student Conduct.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016.

• A parking department employee called DPS at 9:33 a.m., Tuesday, March 8, to report a fraudulent hang tag. DPS found that the student had altered an old tag to try to make it look current. This matter has been handed over to Student Conduct.
  • DPS pulled over a female in her mid-20’s at the corner of LeForge and Clark for a traffic violation. At 7:47 p.m., the officer came to the window and noticed an open canister with alcohol in it. The non-EMU student then failed a field sobriety test, was arrested and taken to the Washtenaw County Jail. DPS is seeking charges with the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016.

• The parking department called DPS for a student who fabricated a hang tag in a car parked in Hoyt lot. The fake hang tag was handmade, according to DPS. They have handed the case over to Student Conduct.
  • DPS stopped a non-EMU student at the corner of Ann and Huron Streets at 6:25 p.m. The student was found to be in possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
  • DPS found a non-EMU student drunk at the corner of Pearl and Adam Streets at 10:01 p.m. They were taken to St. Joseph Mercy's Hospital.