Police blotter, March 16

Thursday, March 10, 2016.

• The Parking Department called the Department of Public Safety at 7:51 p.m., Thursday to report a fraudulent hang tag. The student, who parked their car in Oakwood Lot, has been referred to Student Conduct.

Friday, March 11, 2016.

• The Department of Public Safety stood by on a case with the Ypsilanti Police Department Friday. YPD was dispatched to an assault and battery call on Normal Street at 12:53 a.m. that morning. Because this is an YPD case, DPS refused to make any further comment.
  • An underage EMU student was found intoxicated on the third floor of Putnam at 2:21 a.m. The student was taken to St. Joseph Mercy's Hospital. This case has been referred to Student Conduct.
  • A number of street signs on West Circle Drive were found bent over at 10:27 a.m. It's believed that the signs were bent sometime between midnight and 9:00 a.m. that morning. DPS is reviewing camera footage.
  • DPS stopped a "male trespassing on campus" at 3:13 p.m. This non-EMU student has run into DPS several times before and has been banned from campus. The man was cited for trespassing and then arrested on a bench warrant. He was transported to the Washtenaw County Jail.
  • An EMU student called DPS at 10:25 p.m. to report feeling threatened by messages they received from another student. DPS is investigating and would not further comment.

The EMU Crime Log does not have any crimes reported, for Saturday or Sunday.