Police blotter, March 7

Thursday, March 3, 2016.

• Two non-EMU students were pulled over for defective car equipment at the corner of Huron River Drive and Lowell at 1:36 a.m. The officer could smell marijuana and searched the car. The officer found marijuana and paraphernalia. No charges were filed, but the incident was documented.
  • A student approached DPS at 3:15 p.m. to report some of their clothes were missing. The student claims their roommate took the clothes between 11:00 a.m. on March 1 and 11:00 p.m. March 2. This has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.
  • Officers on patrol in the College of Business found three non-students in the COB parking structure at 6:11 p.m. The officer confronted them upon smelling marijuana and cited one of them for possession.
  • An officer on patrol inside the COB escorted a man out of the building and cited him for trespassing at 7:06 p.m. The unidentified man has been escorted off campus at least once before.

Friday, March 4, 2016.

• The Parking Department called DPS to Oakwood Lot at 11:43 a.m. Friday for a student with a fraudulent hangtag. The student took an expired parking tag and attempted to change it to make it look current. The student has been referred to Student Conduct.
  • The Parking Department called DPS to the North Campus Lot at 12:49 p.m. for a student with a fraudulent hangtag. The student took an expired parking tag and attempted to change it to make it look current. The student has been referred to Student Conduct.
  • A student from Village Building B called DPS at 4:17 p.m. to report that her identity had been stolen. Someone had used her ID to open bank accounts in her name. DPS is investigating.

Saturday, March 5, 2016.

• In something of a repeat from 2013, a single shot was fired near the corner of Huron River Drive and LeForge Road, at 12:55 a.m., Saturday, March 5. The bullet shot through into the apartment of an EMU student. DPS officers were dispatched. Since the Ypsilanti Police Department is handling the investigation, they did not make any further comment.
  • An underage student in Downing was taken to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital for an alcohol-related illness. This was at 10:41 p.m., Saturday. The student has been referred to Student Conduct.

Sunday, March 6, 2016.

• DPS pulled over a car near the corner of Lowell and St. John for a registration violation at 5:50 p.m. The officers could smell marijuana from inside. One of the two non-EMU students was cited for paraphernalia.
  • Bowen Field House held a track meet, Sunday. At 7:18 p.m., one of the coaches called DPS, to report "missing sporting equipment." This went missing between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. The case is still open and DPS is reviewing camera footage.
  • Student Housing reported underage drinking in Cornell Courts at 10:30 p.m., Sunday. DPS found an EMU student and a non-Student. The EMU student has been referred to Student Conduct.

A student in Walton called DPS at 11:19 p.m. to accuse their roommate of using their credit cards to buy clothes and accessories. This is still under investigation.