(4)Voting

Eagle on the street

Tyler Kochman, 20, EMU sophomore, urban and regional planning major.

“I’m voting for Hillary Clinton. I supported her throughout the entire election. Personally, I view her as having been a hard working, highly knowledgeable and intelligent individual. I view her scandals as having been sort of feeding a narrative rather being as big a deal as they’ve been made out to be. I think that the amount of effort that they’ve put into getting dirt on her for 30 years essentially—what they’ve come back with is far less than most politicians I would imagine actually have on them. So I think she’s actually clean by the standards that, being a pessimist, I would imagine most politicians have on them.

Christopher Hearn, EMU freshman, construction management major.

“I’m still debating if I’m going to vote,” Hearn says. “I’m trying to see which candidate really is good. On the one side, if you vote for Hillary, there might be a chance of war. On the other side, if you vote for Trump, there’s a chance of segregation.”

Larry Hopgood, EMU freshman, sports training major. This is his first election eligible to vote in.

“I’m voting for Hillary Clinton. I feel like both of the candidates aren’t the best, but I feel like she’s the lesser of two evils. The way that Donald Trump is talking, I don’t feel like he can run a whole country. Just the way that he carries himself, how he comes off as a person in general, I don’t feel like he’s fit to be president.”

“I feel like every vote counts,” Hopgood said. “Even if you don’t like both of the candidates you should vote for the one that you dislike the least.”

Kameran Miller, EMU sophomore, apparel textiles and merchandising major.

“I”m not voting for Donald Trump, because I feel like he would cause a problem within America. He’s very sexist, he doesn’t care what he says, and that can cause problems between other counties,” Kameran Miller said. “I just don’t think it’s the safest route, I honestly don’t feel like he understands politics. I feel he’s more of a pop culture figure, especially in business. I think he’s doing this just to say he did it.

“I am voting on Tuesday. I’m voting for Hillary Clinton,” Miller said. “She’s the better option in the choices we have, but I still don’t think she’s completely politically correct either with all of the things they’re trying to target on her.”

Turaan Hill, EMU sophomore, social work major.

“I voted for Sanders in the primary. So I don’t have a choice now that he’s backing her. I’m voting for Hillary Clinton and everything she wants right now is going in the right direction. Instead of setting us back a couple years,” Hill said. “Clinton can grow, and work with there four years we’re going to give her.”

Stephen Weger, EMU student, interdisciplinary and environmental science major.

“I’m voting Hillary Clinton. Of course I don’t agree with everything, but looking at the polls and how the third party situation kind of just takes votes from the other two major candidates. I was a big fan if Bernie. I think what happened to him was a damn shame,” Weger said. “But, the pipe that say ‘Oh we're going to vote for Trump now because Hilary kicked Sanders out,’ it’s like saying ‘Well they don’t have sub you like, so I’m going to go just drink bleach instead.”