Police Blotter: April 2 - 8

Sunday

On April 2 at 12:22 a.m., DPS received a call regarding a highly intoxicated female, who sustained minor injuries to the forehead, during a party at Village Building E. The female was transported to a local area hospital, treated and then released. The current status of this case is open.

At 3:37 a.m., DPS received a call regarding a smashed door found at Ford Hall’s east entrance in an attempt to break the glass. The current status of this case is open.

Monday

On April 3 at 2:02 a.m., DPS received a call regarding students being loud and yelling excessively inside of Pittman Residence Hall. The current status of this case is open.

At 4:41 a.m., DPS received a call regarding a subject watching another subject steal a bicycle from the rack outside of Wise Residence Hall. The offense occurred between 4:30 and 4:45 a.m.. The current status of this case is open.

At 10:50 a.m., DPS received a call regarding a bicycle being stolen from outside of Best Residence Hall. The offense occurred between 4:25 and 4:30 p.m. The current status of this case is open.

Tuesday

On April 4 at 7:03 p.m., local authorities received a call regarding a possible vehicle theft occurring at the location of West Cross Street. The current status of this case is pending.

At 2:54 p.m., DPS received a call regarding an incident of domestic violence taking place near campus on Leforge Road. The offense occurred between 11:00 and 2:54 p.m. The current status of this case is open.

At 7:56 p.m., DPS received a call regarding an odor of marijuana emanating from a dorm room inside of Putnam Residence Hall. This case was closed April 4.

Wednesday

On April 5 at 6:37 p.m., DPS received a call regarding a parked vehicle struck, resulting in damage to the mirror inside of the Parking Structure. The offense occurred between 10:15 a.m. and 6:20 p.m. This case was closed April 5.

At 9:57 p.m., local authorities conducted a traffic stop at the location of Ann Street and North Huron River Drive. The driver of the vehicle was in possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, as well as driving on a suspended driver’s license. The current status of this case is open.

At 11:43 p.m., DPS received a call regarding a suspect stealing an alarm clock and then discarding it inside of a trash can outside of Pray-Harrold Hall. The suspect later admitted to stealing the alarm clock. The offense occurred between 8 and 10 p.m. The current status of this case is open.

Thursday

No crimes reported April 6.

Friday

On April 7 at 4:47 a.m., DPS received a call regarding students engaging in a verbal argument inside of Walton Residence Hall. This case was closed April 8.

At 11:46 a.m., DPS received a call regarding an incident of domestic violence occurring inside of Munson Apartments. The subject was subsequently arrested. This case was closed April 8.

Saturday

On April 8 at 10:49 p.m., DPS received a call regarding a subject’s wallet reported stolen from inside of the Student Center, as well as a credit card from the wallet being used fraudulently. The offense occurred between 4 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The current status of this case is open.