Police Blotter: August 24 - September 1

Friday, August 24

A driver was unable to display a valid license during a routine traffic stop at North Huron River Drive and Cornell Road at 6:24 p.m. The case was closed August 25.

A student lodging in Cornell Courts Building B admitted to using marijuana at 10:07 p.m.  The case was closed August 25.

Saturday, August 25

During a routine traffic stop at North Adams Street and West Forest Avenue, a driver was cited for driving with a suspended license at 5:50 p.m. The case closed on August 26.

A GPS was reported stolen a vehicle from the Mariott parking lot (1275 South Huron Street) at 11:40 p.m. It is believed that it was taken from the vehicle between 8:00 p.m. and 11:40 p.m. The case remains open.

Sunday, August 26

No crimes reported

Monday, August 27

No crimes reported

Tuesday, August 28

During a routine traffic stop at Washtenaw Avenue and North Hewitt Road, a driver was cited for driving with a suspended license at 10:48 p.m. The case closed on August 28.

Wednesday, August 29

A pair of roommates in Sellers Hall reported cash missing from their room at 5:12 p.m. The crime occurred between 8:55 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. that day. The case closed on August 30.

Thursday, August 30

No crimes reported

Friday, August 31

An individual was arrest on a bench warrant at 4:01 a.m. at 1200 Oakwood Street. The bench warrant was for a failure to appear in relation to a driving with a suspended license citation. The case closed August 31.

An individual’s warrant was cancelled after they failed to appear. This occurred at 7:30 a.m. at 1200 Oakwood Street, with the case closing on September 1.

Saturday, September 1 

EMU police assisted another agency with an arrest at 804 Pearl Street at 6:35 p.m. The subject was lodged on a warrant, and the case closed September 2.

An individual was arrested on an EMU bench warrant after failing to appear. They were arrested at Ballard and West Cross Streets at 5:38 p.m. with the case closing on September 2. 

EMU police assisted with another arrest at the Student Center at 1:05 a.m. The subject was lodged on warrants, with the case closing on September 1.