Police Blotter: Jan. 7- Jan. 13

Monday, January 7

A case of domestic violence at the Westview apartments was reported at 8:32 p.m. The incident resulted in property damage and assault charges being filed. The case remains open.

EMU police aided the Ypsilanti Police Department in responding to damage of a private property. The damage was reported at 9:53 p.m. and occurred at Jarvis and Lowell Streets. The case was closed on January 9.

Tuesday, January 8

A felonious assault was reported at 772 Green Road at 12:18 a.m. The assault occurred between non family members, with EMU Police aiding Ypsilanti Police. The case is pending action.

A non student knocking on a Hoyt resident’s door was reported for disturbing the peace. The incident occurred at 10:27 p.m. and the case remains open.

Wednesday, January 9

A driver was cited for driving with an expired ops during a routine traffic stop at Cornell Road and Washtenaw Ave. The citation occurred at 1:22 a.m. and the case was closed later that day.

Thursday, January 10

No Crimes Reported

Friday, January 11

A driver failed to stop and identify after causing damage to Cornell Courts Building H. The incident occurred at 12:19 p.m., with the case closing on January 12.

Saturday, January 12

An individual was reportedly trespassing on the Alexander Music Building. The incident was reported at 8:18 a.m., with the subject being issued a violation. The case was closed that day.

A driver was cited for driving with a suspended license and without proper vehicle registration and insurance. The traffic stop occurred at West Huron River Drive and North Hewitt Road at 6:18 p.m. The case was closed January 13.

Suspicious circumstances with possible eavesdropping was reported at Downing Hall at 7:16 p.m. The case remains open.

Sunday, January 13

A teenaged driver was found without a license during a routine traffic stop at North Hewitt Road and Washtenaw Avenue. The traffic stop occurred at 9:10 p.m., with the case closing on January 14.