Business and Finance Committee approves all club sport allocation requests in full

The Eastern Michigan University Business and Finance Committee fulfilled all allocation requests from club sports in full on Tuesday, Jan. 28.

The Business and Finance Committee allocated a total of $4,601.64 to Club Sports at their meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 28 from their total budget of $25,752.78. 

EMU Student Government allocated funds to Club Baseball, Club Hockey, Women’s Softball, Men’s Frisbee and Women’s Frisbee. 

Club Baseball requested $1,500 towards umpire fees for their future veterans. The allocation was approved unanimously.

Club Hockey was allocated the full 7% of the budget again at 1697.69. Club Hockey has been continuously allocated the full 7% of the budget over the past several weeks. According to Director Muhammed Aggour, the allocations go towards their ice bill.

Women’s Softball requested $1,085 for registration fees for upcoming tournaments. The allocation was unanimously approved.

Men’s Ulitmate Frisbee requested $1,028.95. They had previously raised $2,000 for governing body fees and travel expenses. Their allocation request was unanimously approved.

The Women’s Ultimate Frisbee received unanimous approval for their request $350 for registration fees as they self-fund for travel costs. Director Aggour addressed an issue with past allocations. 

“You came and talked to me before the meeting today that two out of three previous allocations from last year did not go through to their ex fund. So I think this is a good time for me to bring it up to you guys and let you know I’ll be working on it, looking into it and working with you to get it fixed,” added Director Aggour.

With a total of $4,601.64 in allocations, the budget for club sports is left at $20,091.14.