Members of the Close-Up  Theatre Troupe perform skits about social issues during the Close-Up Theatre Troupe show on Jan 19, 2015 in the Student Center Auditorium on Eastern Michigan University's campus.

'A Year with Frog and Toad' coming to Eastern Michigan University Theatre this December

Follow the development of friendship as the seasons change in a musical comedy featuring work from composer and lyricist Robert and Willie Reale.

The Eastern Michigan University Theatre will perform “A Year with Frog and Toad” Dec. 3-5 and 11-12.

The performance will take place in the Legacy Theatre, located in the Judy Sturgis Hill Building on East Circle Drive, on EMU’s campus, according to the EMU Theatre spokesperson.

A “Year with Frog and Toad” is a musical comedy based on the Caldecott and Newbery award-winning stories by Arnold Lobel, and showcases characters Frog, Toad, and friends as they skip through seasons and gain new perspectives on friendship while singing songs by Robert and Willie Reale.

Performances on Fridays and Saturdays will begin at 7 p.m., and performances on Sundays will begin at 2 p.m., according to the EMU Theatre spokesperson. The Dec. 5 performance will be sensory friendly for those with family members who have autism or other sensory sensitivities.

Those attending are required to wear a face mask and are encouraged to receive a COVID-19 vaccination or test, according to the EMU Theatre spokesperson. Those exhibiting any COVID symptoms are asked not to attend.

Ticket prices for  “A Year with Frog and Toad” are $18 regular admission, $14 for seniors that are 60 and older, $12 for students and mainstage patrons, and $7 for children between the ages of 6-12.

Those interested in attending can purchase tickets at emutix.com, and find more information about the performance at emich.edu/emutheatre.