Eastern Michigan University Track and Field break over five records at Jesse Owens Classic

Kadian Clarke becomes one of two student-athletes in the MAC to surpass 60m in hammer throw

Eastern Michigan’s track & field program headed to Ohio State University's Jesse Owens Classic, April 22-23. 

Kadian Clarke recorded a toss of 60.77m in the hammer throw making her the only person in EMU history to surpass 60 meters. Additionally, Clarke is one of two student-athletes in the Mid-American Conference to achieve this mark. 

Miranda Cadwell recorded a new personal best in the same event with a toss of 54.37m placing her sixth in Eastern Michigan’s record book.

Newlyn Stephenson took second in the hammer throw with a toss of 61.99m and Joe Duff recorded the fifth-best javelin throw in program history with a 63.72m. 

Placing second in the women’s 4x100 Saraiah Walkes, Mair Edwards, Kilani Harvey, and Keypathwa Gibson ran a 45.14 which is the sixth-fastest time in program history.

Saraiah Walkes and sophomore Kilani Harvey contributed to top-10 finishes for EMU finishing sixth (24.14) and ninth (24.43) in the 200m dash. 

Almighty Williamson, Kaleb Simpson, Kyle Martin and Richie Sadler took first place in the men’s 4x100 with a time of 40.43.

Going down in the Eastern Michigan record book as the third-fastest in the 110m hurdle event is Almighty Williamson who recorded a 13.81 on Saturday. 

Alysse Wade improved her personal best in the 100H from 13.87 to 13.64 placing her at ninth in school history. 

In an article released by EMU Athletics Associate Head Coach Sterling Roberts said, “This was just the kind of meet we needed going into the final stretch of the season," he said.  "We had some great performances, including many season and personal bests, and I'm excited to see what the next few weeks bring as we get closer to MACs!"

Next up for the Eagles is the Hillsdale "GINA" Relays, April 28-30, and the Jack Shaw Invitational, April 30.

Stay connected with Eastern Michigan’s cross country and track and field program by following them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at @EMUXC_TF and continue to check EMUEagles.com for updates.