aamyr-peN6l68AWaw-unsplash.jpg

Spring flowers bloom spring fashion

What clothing items are you looking forward to this spring?

With warm weather approaching, the time is coming where you can go outside with just a light jacket and sometimes get too hot instead of too cold, which is a welcome feeling. As the seasons change, people are often in search of some new pieces of clothing for their wardrobe. Here are some of EMU students favorite spring lookbook items.

“I wear rainboots just because it rains a lot in the spring and they just look really cute. Ankle-length rainboots are really convenient and they go with every outfit“ says Makyah Henderson.

In the spring, this fashionable student loves track pants, leggings, Crocs, jean jackets, ripped jeans, vests, rain boots, fanny packs, and graphic tees.

"Leggings are more convenient for me as well just to move around, being on a college campus where we are walking all day," Henderson says. “I like vests instead of coats because it’s hoodie season right now and the vests add that extra layer at night because I have night classes”.

One helpful yet stylish item Henderson utilizes is fanny packs, perfect for long outdoor events. “You can just store stuff in there without having to do too much. Around this time everyone is going to concerts and events, so it is more convenient,“ Henderson says.

Larissa Diem-Conlen, a fashion marketing major, believes that tennis skirts and skorts (skirt shorts) are perfect for spring, as well as the transition to summer. "Skorts are great because they offer a way to have a feminine look without sacrificing mobility or comfort" she says.

For some, Capri pants are still in style, and can be paired with a variety of other fashionable items. “The pants are great because they fit more comfortably and high-top Converse shoes are the perfect pair for this look because of how conveniently the shoes fit the Capris style" says Julia de la Harpe.

Some other great items include: biker shorts, oversized t-shirts, yoga pants, pastel dresses, and skirts in any color that fits spring. My current favorite for spring is a blazer, a clothing item that many people do not give enough credit. They can easily be paired with many clothing items such as a hoodie, a simple crop tee, or a turtleneck.

With all of these recommendations and more, your spring closet should be full of comfort and immense style!