The Eastern Echo Sunday, Sept. 1, 2024 | Print Archive

Bullet Train.jpg

Opinion: ‘Bullet Train’ swiftly puts a smile on your face

‘Bullet Train’ features a hilarious star-studded cast.

"Bullet Train” is made for people who love comedy-filled action movies. I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw this film, but I ended up loving it.

Synopsis

An unlucky assassin is determined to do his job peacefully after many off-the-rails missions. However, fate may have other plans as his latest mission puts him in the middle of lethal adversaries from around the globe on the world's fastest train. The film stars Brad Pitt, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Joey King, Bad Bunny, Brian Tyree Henry and Sandra Bullock.

What I loved 

The comedy in the film didn't feel forced at all, it just felt like it all fell right into place. Most characters were just unintentionally funny, and it made the movie hilarious.

It seems simple enough but the transitions and text on the screen in this film added tremendously to the overall joy and humor of this film. This film takes place in one place, but it keeps you entertained with the visual transitions, making the movie feel huge.

What I didn't love 

At first, I felt like the overall movie may be slow, and not connect well. And while you may think things don't make sense initially, the overall film brings everything together. The only problem is with such a slow start it nearly lost me in the beginning. 

The blood and guts aspects didn't entirely take me out of the movie, but I didn't expect it, and sometimes it was a lot to see. This aspect of the film is really where the R rating comes into play.

Verdict 

I left this movie with a huge grin on my face. Overall, this movie feels like a good funny film I could watch all the time.

I give "Bullet Train" an 8.5 out of 5.