EMU rowing races in scrimmage against Wisconsin on Lake Mendota

The Eagles competed in two 3K and 1K races

On Sept. 24, the Eastern Michigan University rowing team competed in a scrimmage against the University of Wisconsin on Lake Mendota in Madison, WI. The Badgers also celebrated the 50th anniversary of the rowing program.

The match consisted of two separate 3K races and two 1K heats. When the Eagles and Badgers met last year, two 4K races and four 1K races took place on Sept. 25.

EMU had four different boats compete in the scrimmage. 

The lineup of the first coxed four consisted of junior Abbey Simpson, sophomore Arden Schirru, senior Chloe Hinojosa, and junior Jessica LaRoy with junior Abby Goodwin as the coxswain.

The second coxed four had sophomore Lily Wilhelm, junior Laura Borchers, junior Reagan Fazekas, and sophomore Olivia Hansen with junior Olivia Bray coxing the boat.

The third coxed four consisted of senior Priscilla Brom, sophomore Kaycee Johnson, senior Caitlin Cleypool, and sophomore Kristen Ford with junior Alexandra Walsh as the coxswain.

Lastly, the eight had junior Lindsay Rock, sophomore Maia Balderson, sophomore Emma Wyss, sophomore Carly Summers, freshman Maggie Mueller, freshman Ainsley Dean, junior Claire Greenfelder, and senior Kaialani Knox with junior Synene Abukaram coxing the boat.

Up next, the Eagles will travel to East Lansing on Oct. 9 to compete in the Head of the Grand against Michigan State University on the Grand River.

For more information on the Eastern Michigan womens' rowing team, you can visit EMUEagles.com.