glenn-carstens-peters-EOQhsfFBhRk-unsplash.jpg

Opinion: Old shows that still rock today

Old shows that people never seem to get bored of.

Different people tend to watch different kinds of shows, but there are some shows that millions agreed on loving. As a result, those shows never lost their luster even after years have gone by from when they were initially launched.

Although many years have passed, people love to go back and rewatch these shows whenever they can as they provide them with a lot of comfort. Whether they are adults, teens, and sometimes kids, these shows are enjoyed by a wide range of audiences.

The Simpsons

The series is a satirical depiction of American life, epitomized by the Simpson family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. It’s been 26 years, and "The Simpsons" is still entertaining the masses with its comedic charm and political satire. 

Each individual character on "The Simpsons" is relatable yet has their own unique comic moments. It’s got the charm, humor, and life lessons with every “Don’t have a cow, man” or “Eat my shorts.”

"The Simpsons" is the perfect example of a T.V. show that can stand the test of time. It’s a show that can never get old, and yet it could never be too smart. It is a show for anyone who is looking to have fun and laugh a lot.

Gilmore Girls

Another good show is "Gilmore Girls," the American T.V. show of a mother and a daughter who are more friends than mother and daughter and who both dream of pursuing satisfaction in their love relationships and their careers.

As Natalie Oganesyan wrote, "Two decades later, teens can’t stop finding their way into the world of Gilmore Girls."

The show provides people with a comforting feeling of living a loving family life and having fun with people around the town. "Gilmore Girls" ended its seven-season run in 2007, but people today are still into it!

Friends

Not to forget about the one and only "Friends" show. "Friends" is one of the best old shows that I personally watched, and I know many others agree. It tells the story of the sometimes complicated, and always funny, everyday lives of six close friends - Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, Chandler and Joey.

Besides the relatable and hilarious characters, each episode of "Friends" absolutely contains a life lesson. Not to mention the iconic 1990s style that a viewer sees in every episode. "Friends" is a show for everyone, not recommended for kids though, but if you have never watched it, your life isn't complete.

The Vampire Diaries

Last but not least, "The Vampire Diaries" is a series set in the fictional town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, a town charged with supernatural history. It follows the life of Elena Gilbert, a teenage girl who has just lost both parents in a car accident, as she falls in love with a 162-year-old vampire named Stefan Salvatore.

It is definitely one of the most addicting shows that one would ever watch. Although it ended in 2017, fans still love the feeling of watching it.

As one of the show reviews provides: "one of the most amazing, gripping, unbelievably FANTASTIC shows ever to be made."

"The Vampire Diaries" is the right choice if you are looking for adventures, action, drama and romance all in one!

To sum up, if you are looking for a show to watch and are bored with these new ones, then try looking at the old shows and enjoy the splendiferous well-thought scenarios.