What's the move at EMU? Nov. 14-20

Check out these events on and around campus this week.

Explore The World - Nov. 14

Eastern Michigan University’s International Student Association and the Office of International Students and Scholars on campus are hosting a poster exhibition from 6-9 p.m. in Student Center ballroom B. International students at EMU have been working to create displays to showcase their countries and want to teach other students about their home. The event is LBC3a credit approved.

Know Your Rights in the Workplace - Nov. 14

Stop by Student Center room 300 for this panel discussion and Q&A including the Starbucks worker union, EMU AAUP and AFT, the Washtenaw Economic Justice Unit and more. The event, hosted by EMU leftist student coalition, will take place from 6:30-8 p.m.

Honors College Star Lecture Series - Nov. 15

Join Dr. Heather Janisse for a talk about the importance of physical play in early child development. This event runs from 6:30-8 p.m. on Zoom call. This is an LBC-approved event.

Tech Talk with Michael Gzybowski - Nov. 16

This talk will focus on bringing awareness and bridging the gap between engineering, technology innovation, and entrepreneurship. The event will take place from 4-5 p.m. in Sill Hall room 124. This is an LBC-approved event.

Digital Marketing Workshop - Nov. 18

Join EMU for the first Digital Marketing Workshop since 2019. Learn how to create marketing campaigns that can effectively go from digital to in-person with breakfast and lunch included in the ticket price. This event runs from 8:00 a.m to 2 p.m. in the Student Center ballroom.

Cooking Fry Bread event - Nov. 18

Join the Honors College in celebrating Native American Heritage Month. They will be making fry bread, a Navajo dish that can be paired with sweet or savory flavors. This event runs from 2-3:30 p.m. in the Rackham demo kitchen.