Best Hall October 2022

What's the move at EMU? March 20-23

Check out these events happening on and around campus this week.

Check out these events happening on and around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Writing Workshop - March 20

Structured around the upcoming Women of Color & Feminism Leadership Symposium, Keynote Poet e. nina jay will be leading a writing workshop. It will showcase using poetry as way to express and investigate the ways in which one resists oppression and holds oneself accountable. The workshop will run from 7-8:30 p.m. in room 300 of the Student Center.

Women of Color & Feminism Leadership Symposium - March 21

Presented by the Women's and Gender Studies Department, the Center of Race and Ethnicity, and the Women's Resource Center, the 2023 Women of Color & Feminism Leadership Symposium will include Keynote Speaker Julisa Abad and Keynote Poet e. nina jay. With the theme "Resistance, Accountability, & Action," the symposium will take place from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. in room 310 A/B of the Student Center.

Light refreshments and a free T-shirt will be provided. The link to register can be found @emuwomenscenter on Instagram.

Student Senator Debate - March 21

Student Government will be hosting its Student Senator Debate for students to learn more about the candidates ahead of elections. Beginning at 6:15 p.m., the debate will take place in the Student Center Auditorium.

Spring Job Fair - March 22

The University Advising and Career Development Center is hosting its Spring Job Fair. At the fair, individuals will have the opportunity to learn about open positions for internships and full-time jobs. Covering all non-teaching degrees, the fair is open to everyone, including non-EMU students. The event will run from 4-7 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom, and raffles and snacks will be available.

Under the Crown - March 22

Join Young Beautiful Black Woman and N.A.P.S in learning about how to protect natural hair. With activities and prizes, the event will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Student Center Intersection.

Paint and Pourgasm - March 22

Planned Parenthood Generation Action and the Women's Resource Center are teaming up to host Paint and Pourgasm. Encompassing painting, mocktails, snacks, and prizes, the event will take place from 7-8:30 p.m. in room 352 of the Student Center.

The registration link can be accessed through the bio @emuwomenscenter on Instagram.

Mocktail Read & Sip - March 23

The Center of Race and Ethnicity and Sistas That Care will be completing their three-part discussion of "The Pain We Carry" by Natalie Gutierrez. With mocktails available, the discussion will run from 6-8 p.m. in the Student Center Intersection.

Neo Soul Night - March 23

N.A.P.S and Kings of Color will be hosting a night that highlights the work of musicians, poets, painters, and more. The event will take place from 7-9:30 p.m. in room 300 of the Student Center.

Train Your Brain - March 23

Hypnotist Evan Gambardella will lead a hypnotherapeutic workshop focused on the subconcious and relaxation. Hosted by Campus Life, this event will run from 7-9 p.m. in room 310 of the Student Center.