IMG_4673 (2).jpg

Study spots on EMU’s campus

Eastern Michigan University provides students with different study spots around its campus.

There are multiple places around Eastern Michigan University’s campus that provide students a space to study. Whether it's a public or private study setting, these five locations are open to all students during the fall and winter semesters.

1. Your Own Dorm Room

Dorm rooms are not only used for sleeping, they are studying spots too. Each dorm on campus provides a desk, Wi-Fi throughout the building, and an Ethernet cable for its students. This creates a usable space for students who chose to study in the comfort of their own living space. What’s more comfortable than that?

2. Study Lounges

In every dorm hall there are study lounges located inside. If a student needs a study space outside of their dorm room but wants to remain in the comfort of their own living spaces, these lounges are always available.

3. Halle Library

Halle Library provides many study-friendly spots for students. The building has three floors, many featuring cubicle computer stations and private study rooms. The library also offers a wide variety of books if a student chooses to borrow and study from. The library hours are Sunday from 1-10 p.m., Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday  8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

4. The Student Center

EMU’s Student Center is a building in the central part of campus with many available spaces to study. It has quiet, closed off rooms and many open seating. The Student Center provides seating around the outside and inside of the building. It provides a bookstore which is located on the ground floor, as well as a dining center. The building is open to students Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to midnight. On Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday noon to 11 p.m.

5. The Science Complex 

Mark Jefferson and Strong Hall are located on the south side of Eastern Michigan University’s campus. These buildings host different classrooms that students use during open hours for studying. Outside of the buildings are benches and tables if a student would like an outside study space.