MaxxCrosby_Army_061820.png

EMU Athletics to name football field after legend Maxx Crosby

Eastern Michigan University Athletics will be naming its football field inside of Rynearson Stadium after EMU football legend Maxx Crosby, who donated $1 million to the athletic program, Vice President/Director of EMU Athletics Scott Wetherbee announced earlier this morning, Oct. 30, with NFL insider Adam Schefter breaking the news on Twitter.

"All the guys involved that got me to this point, I feel like it's the least I can do," Crosby said in an interview held by EMU Athletics. "To give back to the school that gave me the opportunity to chase my dreams. ... It's a testament to being a part of something special."

Crosby, who plays for the Las Vegas Raiders, was inducted into EMU football’s Ring of Honor in June of this year. 

The former Eagle played in Ypsilanti, Michigan, from 2015-2018 after EMU was the only college to give him an offer. 

During his time at EMU, Crosby was selected as a two-time First-team All-MAC defensive end in 2017 and 2018. 

Crosby would total 162 tackles, 20 sacks, 41.0 tackles for loss, eight forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries six pass deflections, and one interception. He ranks second in EMU history for both career tackles for losses and sacks. 

Now a star in the NFL, Crosby has earned two Pro Bowl selections as well as being named Second-team All-Pro in 2021. 

Throughout his career in the big leagues, Crosby has totaled 271 tackles, 44 sacks, seven forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and 17 pass deflections with the Raiders. 

Fans can watch Crosby in action when the Las Vegas Raiders play the Detroit Lions at 8:15 p.m. Monday, Oct. 30, on ESPN and ABC.