mcantrell_20231028_1669.jpg

What's the move at EMU? Oct. 30 - Nov. 5

Halloween week is upon us, and, as always, there are a ton of great events to check out on and around campus. 

Interview with Pride - Oct. 30

Hosted by the University Advising and Career Development Center, this workshop is an opportunity for members of the LGBTQ+ community to learn about and discuss navigating the interviewing process. This is a free, virtual event from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Click here to join the meeting.

Our Golems, Ourselves - Oct. 30

The Center for Jewish Studies will have its Halloween event in room 300 of the Student Center from 7-9 p.m. Attendees will learn about the famed monster from Jewish folklore, the golem, and its modern-day appearances in films, comics, and fiction. This event is free for all students and available for LBC credit.

Sip & Shop: "Treat" Yourself to a New Outfit - Oct. 31

For students looking to refresh their wardrobe the UACDC is hosting Sip & Shop: "Treat" Yourself to a New Outfit. Students and alumni will have the opportunity to shop for their four semesterly items at the UACDC's Career Closet located at 251 McKenny from 2-4 p.m. Mocktails and snacks will be provided for attendees.

Botany Club Halloween Party - Oct. 31

Join the Botany Club and the National Art Education Association for a party filled with Halloween fun! From 5-7 p.m., attendees can get their faces painted, make critter crafts, paint plant pots, and more. This event is free for all students.

Linkedin Profile Review & Headshots - Nov. 1

For students looking to connect, head to McKenny 200 to have your LinkedIn profile reviewed and get a new headshot taken. This event will be from 1-4 p.m.

All Hallows Illumination of Frog Island - Nov. 1

Students looking to go off campus can walk, bike, or drive over to Frog Island Park Amphitheater with jack o'lanterns ready to light up the park. This free event is put on by volunteers in the community and costumes are encouraged! At 7 p.m., a performance from Fire Spinners Ypsi Spin Jam/Great Lakes Flow will begin and tips are encouraged. 

Discussion About Palestine - Nov. 2

For students looking to learn about Palestine and its current situation, join a group of campus organizations and faculty for an open dialogue in room 300 of the Student Center from 4-6 p.m. Some of the organizations participating will be the Muslim Student Association, the Leftist Student Coalition, and Students for Justice in Palestine.

Winter Car Care - Nov. 3

Join the Department of Public Safety to learn about winter driving tips and how students can take care of their cars in the winter before the snow starts falling. This event will be from 2-4 p.m. in Student Center room 249. Students should register here.

Undergraduate Conference in Philosophy - Nov. 4 and 5

Check out the philosophy conference. Held two days every year by the Department of Philosophy at EMU, the event is free for everyone. Attendees from keynote speakers, discuss with peers and learn about the discipline of philosophy. Refreshments and LBC credit will be provided.