IMG_2576.JPG

What's the move? Nov. 20-26

Get a head start on your Thanksgiving Recess with these events throughout the week!

Transgender Day of Remembrance - Nov. 20

The LGBT Resource Center is honoring National Transgender Day of Remembrance with a vigil to remember those who have lost their lives to anti-trans violence. It will be hosted at the EMU Lake House from 4:30-6 p.m. 

Ypsilanti Bicentennial Time Capsule Burial - Nov. 20

Months after the opening of the previous capsule, The Ypsilanti Bicentennial Commission is burying a new time capsule at the base of the Ypsilanti Water Tower. It will begin promptly at 4 p.m. at the Water Tower and will allow time for community members to share what they love about Ypsilanti or what they are thankful for.

Riverside Art Center Fine Arts Club - Nov. 20

Twice a month, Riverside hosts a space for local artists to showcase their work, talk about their process and sell pieces. Attendees are not required to present pieces and the event is open to artists, art lovers, collectors and community members. If you would like to share your work, the doors open at 5 p.m. and the event ends around 8 p.m. Arrive and sign up by 6 p.m.

Fall Pop Up - Nov. 21

Campus Life is hosting postcard making, video games, wax stamping, and board games on the first floor of the student center. This event is free and will be from 4-6 p.m.

EMU Trumpet Studio Recital - Nov. 21

A recital featuring EMU studio trumpet solo and trumpet ensemble pieces at Pease Auditorium from 7-9 p.m.

Black Friday Comedy Show - Nov. 24

Ypsilanti native Christian Royce will be coming home to give the community a night of laughter. Hosted at the Dreamland Theater, the show is from 9-11 p.m. and tickets are $10.

Chris Canas Band Live - Nov. 25

Multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, producer, and Detroit's Prince Of Blues will be in Ypsilanti for a night of blues, funk, and soul music. The concert will be hosted at Mosh in Depot Town starting at 8 p.m.

Ypsilanti Artisan Holiday Market - Nov. 25 -26

Shop from over 40 local crafters, artisans, and food vendors at the Ypsilanti Freighthouse from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Support crafters and makers of all kinds by taking home jewelry, self-care products, specialty tea and more. 

Depot Town Tree Lighting Celebration - Nov. 26

Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the Ypsilanti Youth Choir welcome community members to join them to watch the lighting of the Depot Town Christmas tree. Unicorn rides, a petting farm, cider and cookies will be available at this free event that begins at 5 p.m. in Depot Town.