MLK Art Gallery

What's The Move? Jan. 22 - 28

Chemistry Seminar - Jan. 22

Learn about alternative fuels at “The Future and Chemistry of Alternative Fuels” seminar, hosted by Greg Johnson and Bill Henderson of ROUSH CleanTech. The seminar is free to attend and will take place in the Mark Jefferson Science Complex, room 171 from 4-5 p.m.

“Coloring Jewish Comics” with Professor Miriam Mora - Jan. 22

Join Dr. Miriam Mora at “Coloring Jewish Comics: Comic Books and Jewish Diversity." Discuss Jewish history and representation in the comics industry, as well as the future of Jewish comics. The discussion is free to attend and will take place in the Student Center, room 300 at 7 p.m.

Explore and Restore Woods, Wetlands and Prairies with Faye Stoner - Jan. 23

Join naturalist Faye Stoner to help maintain the natural areas surrounding Independence Lake. Explore various landscapes while using loppers and saws to help contain the rapid growth of shrubs and vines in these areas. This event takes place from 10 a.m. to noon at Independence Lake, 3200 Jennings Road. Register for free on the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation webpage. Please bring your own water bottle. Snacks, tools, and gloves will be provided. For more information, please contact Matthew Bertrand at bertrandm@washtenaw.org.

Open Basketball - Jan. 23

Had a busy or stressful first week of the semester? Blow off some steam on the court during open basketball in the REC/IM building from 5-9 p.m.

Student Government General Body Meeting - Jan. 23

Make your voice heard at the Student Government general body meeting in the Student Center, room 300 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Senators are actively engaged with the EMU Student Government to ensure students are put first on and off campus.

Dine to Donate at Aubree’s Restaurant - Jan. 24

Eat at Aubree’s Restaurant between 11 a.m. and noon to get 20% of your bill donated to EMU’s Mentorship, Access, and Guidance in College Program. This event is valid for dine-in, delivery and carry-out.

Professional Development Series: Job Search Optimization - Jan. 24

Ready to start looking for employment opportunities? Attend this professional development session to learn how to optimize your job search from 5-6 p.m. over Zoom. Join this remote session for free through a link provided on the EMU Today events calendar.

CHHS Brownbag Series: When “Love” Kills with Dr. Bushinski - Jan. 25

Join a presentation by Dr. Susan Bushinski to learn about how to identify intimate partner violence as a health professional in the College of Health and Human Services Brownbag Series: When “Love” Kills. This event takes place in the Marshall Building, room 115 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Register for free through a form linked on the EMU Today events calendar. Lunch will be provided.

CORE Hot Cocoa Special - Jan. 25

Get involved on campus and meet the staff of EMU’s Center of Race and Ethnicity over free hot chocolate and learn about their upcoming winter semester programs. This event takes place in the Student Center, room 270 from 3-6 p.m.

Faculty and Guest Artist Dance Concert - Jan. 26 and 27

Support the arts at EMU! Attend the annual Faculty and Guest Dance Concert for a performance featuring four guest pieces and faculty dances by members of Company E, EMU’s resident performing dance company. Both performances take place in the Pease Auditorium from 7-9 p.m. The cost to attend is $10, and tickets are available for purchase on emich.ludus.com.

Ping Pong Tournament - Jan. 27

Show off your ping pong skills in a tournament at the REC/IM building lounge from 1-4 p.m. The winner will receive an Intramural Champions t-shirt. Register online on the REC/IM Programs webpage. Please contact Brett Carlisle at bcarlis2@emich.edu for more information.

Rambling Readers Book Club - Jan. 27

Combine your love of nature and reading at the Washtenaw County Rambling Readers Book Club quarterly meeting. Join naturalist Elle Bogle and others in a discussion of the book "The Nature Fix" by Florence Williams during a relaxing stroll through the woods and other surrounding natural areas. This event takes place from 10 a.m. to noon at Independence Lake, 3200 Jennings Rd. While attendance is free, there is a vehicle entrance fee. Register on the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation webpage. Please contact Elle Bogle with any questions at boglee@washtenaw.org.