Dara Capaldi

EMU women's basketball downed by Buffalo, 75-63; marks fifth-consecutive loss

Kennedi Myles notched double-double for Eagles with 17 points and 10 rebounds off the bench

Senior forward Kennedi Myles (Cincinnati, Ohio) dominated in the paint off the bench for the Eagles as she finished with a double-double despite the Eastern Michigan University women's basketball squad falling to the University at Buffalo, 75-63, on Saturday, Feb. 3.

Myles would finish the game totaling 17 points and 10 rebounds for EMU. It marks the Ohio native’s 14th career double-double as well as her seventh time finishing with double-digit points this season. 

Junior forward Treasure Thompson (Joliet, Ill.) would add a season-high 17 points and six rebounds for EMU while sophomore guard Dara Capaldi (East Detroit, Mich.) chipped in nine points. 

The Eagles would grab a total of 38 rebounds as 13 of those would come on the offensive end and turn into 13 second chance points. Junior center Tayra Eke (Madrid, Spain) would grab five rebounds to put her just 67 rebounds away from a career milestone of 500. 

A big difference maker in the matchup would be free throw shooting and fast break points as the Eagles shot 9-of-19 (47.4%) from the charity stripe, while the Bulls shot 16-for-20 (80%), adding 19 fast break points to EMU’s six. 

The Eagles now sit on a five-game losing streak as they drop to 5-15 overall and 2-8 in Mid-American Conference play, while Buffalo improves to 12-8 overall and 6-4 in the MAC. 

EMU will now return to its home court inside the George Gervin GameAbove Center as they host the University of Akron on Wednesday, Feb. 7. Tipoff is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.