Jadein Black

Michigan drag entertainer Jadein Black celebrates birthday with weeklong events

Jadein Black celebrates her birthday with weeklong events from March 13-17, called Drag for a Cause.

March 13

A Musical Bingo event will occur at the Tap Room Ypsilanti from 7-9 p.m. with doors opening at 6:15 p.m. This is an all-ages event with donations raised going to Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels.

March 15

Drag Bingo hosted by Black will take place at the Avalon Cafe and Kitchen Ann Arbor starting at 7 p.m. Reservations are highly recommended as seats are limited. This is an all ages event.

March 16 

Black's official birthday bash will take place on Saturday at the Tap Room in Ypsilanti. This event will feature a drag show by Boylesque, who is a drag troupe based in Ypsilanti. Doors open at 9 p.m., and the first show begins at 10 p.m. Tickets are recommended to be bought beforehand, and any remaining tickets will be available at the door for $20. Your ticket price includes three drag shows, table service (food and drink not included in ticket price), and an open dance floor till 1:30 a.m. This event is intended for ages 18 and over and is raising funds for the Ann Arbor Pride organization. 

March 17

Black's official birthday brunch will take place at Sidetrack Bar and Grill in Ypsilanti on Sunday. Seating for this event will begin at noon, and the show will begin at 12:30 p.m. This is an all-ages event with funds from the event being raised for local teachers. Purchasing tickets beforehand is recommended as seating is limited.

Black is a drag queen who has been performing since 2007 around the country. She has been performing full-time since 2020 as the pandemic affected her job as a Michigan school teacher when the schools closed. Black performs all around Michigan and offers virtual and in-person event bookings.

For those interested, more information on any of these events can be found on Black’s website.