EMU Womens Lacrosse Vs. Marquette

EMU lacrosse suffers home defeat as Michigan dominates, 20-4

On April 3 inside the EMU Indoor Practice Facility in Ypsilanti, the Eastern Michigan University (5-5) lacrosse team made history by hosting a nationally-ranked opponent for the first time. The fifth-ranked University of Michigan (12-1) claimed a commanding 20-4 win.

The game started with an impressive start for the visitors, who swiftly secured a commanding 5-0 lead by the end of the first quarter.

By halftime, they had extended their advantage to 12-2, leaving the Eagles with an uphill battle.

Despite the Wolverines' dominance, Eastern Michigan saw glimpses of success in the second quarter with Amber Alderman (Lusby, Maryland/Patuxent) and Skylar Hilmer (San Diego, California/Patrick Henry) finding the net for the Eagles. Alderman's goal scored during a woman-up advantage injected a spark of hope into the team.

As the game progressed, the Wolverines continued asserting dominance, adding four more goals after halftime. However, Kyleigh Dill (Dover, Delaware/Dover) managed to break through for the Eagles, scoring her fifth goal of the year and narrowing the margin to 17-3 by the end of the third quarter.

In a standout moment, Mackenzie Blackwell (North Beach, Maryland/Northern) contributed to the Eagles' offensive efforts in the final quarter, netting 38 goals of the year. With this achievement, she edged closer to tying her single-season scoring record, set just last year.

Next in line, Eastern returns to Mid-American Conference action, facing off against the University of Detroit Mercy Titans in Detroit on Sunday, April 7. The match will be held at Titan Field on the UDM campus and aired live on ESPN+ starting at 1 p.m.