A bronze statue unveiled in August 2023 depicts EMU alum and NBA player George "Iceman" Gervin, stands outside the George Gervin GameAbove Center on the Eastern Michigan University campus.

What's the move? June 10-16

Check out these events happening around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Zumba with Kadesha & Teri - June 10

Join instructors Kadesha and Teri for a Zumba session in the dance studio of Riverside Arts Center. This class occurs weekly on Mondays from 6-6:55 p.m. and the first class attended is free of charge. After the first class, each class costs $10 with a student ID or $15 without. There are also pass options available, which allow for the payment of multiple classes at once.

Depot Town Comedy Open Mic - June 12

Visit 734 Brewing Company for its weekly comedy open mic night. This week will feature guest host Ariel Everitt and the event is free to attend. It will run from 7:30-10:30 p.m.

"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" - June 13-15

Watch an Explorers Homeschool Co-op production of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." There are four performances scheduled to be held at Riverside Arts Center which includes a homeschool performance on June 13 at 2 p.m. The additional performances are on June 14 at 7 p.m. and on June 15 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets cost $8 each for seniors and those under 12 years old, and $10 each for general admission. Tickets can be purchased online.

Dixon's Violin Concert - June 13

Listen to a performance by Dixon's Violin at Frog Island Park. The concert space will open at 6 p.m. with the concert beginning at 7 p.m. Admission is free for those under 12 years old and tickets cost $25 each for general admission. Tickets can be purchased online.

Daniel Turco Comedy Show - June 13

Head to Ziggy's to watch a stand up comedy show by Daniel Turco, which will also feature Sam Rager and Lauren Uchalik. There will be two separate shows and they are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Admission costs $10.

Riverside Swings - June 14

Swing dance with community members in the dance studio of Riverside Arts Center. Starting at 8 p.m., a free one-hour beginner lesson will be provided to attendees, followed by a session of swing and blues. Participation following the beginner lesson costs $4 for students and $5 for non-students.

Bike Rodeo - June 15

Join the Eastern Michigan University Police Department for its annual Bike Rodeo. This event will feature free helmets and helmet fittings, free food, free bike safety checks, and more. It will take place from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the George Gervin GameAbove Center.

Father's Day Barbecue Cook Off - June 16

Celebrate Father's Day with the Ypsilanti Assembly of God at its barbecue cook off. Lunch will be free for attendees and there will also be games and a bounce house to partake in. The cook off will follow a service, which is scheduled to begin at 10:45 a.m.