Ypsilanti Police Department Sign

Suspect in Country Meadows apartment complex faces charges

26-year-old Ajay Tremaine Stovall has been arraigned of two charges. Victim's condition is still unknown.

An attempted homicide by shooting occurred on Friday, Nov. 1 at the County Meadows apartment complex, located at 212 Stevens Dr., just by the Washtenaw International High School.

Shots were fired outside of the Country Meadows apartment complex around 10 p.m. Following three shots, according to witnesses, there was a commotion — followed by a number of onlookers running for cover. It is believed that there was one victim who was in an unknown condition following the shooting, according to the Washtenaw County sheriff on Nov. 1. 

Although this case is still open, one person currently faces charges. 26-year-old Ajay Tramaine Stovall has been arraigned on two charges: one for first-degree home invasion and one for robbery while being armed.

14B District Court arraigned the defendant on these charges Nov. 1. The Washtenaw County Public Defender’s Office was appointed to act as Stovall’s lawyer, and bail was set at $1 million cash.

The case was set for a Probable Cause Conference Nov. 12, which occurred as scheduled with 15th District Court Judge Joseph F. Burke.

Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Steven Hiller, Washtenaw County, provided the Echo information.

Updates on any victims have not been released to the public at this time.