Deangelo Hawkins-Clay

Articles

Hustlers entertains with a large celebrity cast

“Hustlers” is based off a true story about a group of strippers resorting to a life of crime because of the 2008 financial crisis. This American-crime drama, consisting of a star-studded cast and a star-studded story, is a funny, exciting and overall iconic movie that is sure to keep you entertained. 

Don't Let Go film review

Don’t Let Go is the paranormal, time traveling, hair-raising thriller we didn’t know we needed.

The Lion King film review

Most may know the story of The Lion King but just for review purposes, I’ll rehash it a bit before going into my review. The Lion King was a Disney classic from 1994 that tells a unique story of the circle of life through animals. Focusing on The Lion King, his son Simba and what leads him to eventually become king by following in the steps of his father King Mufasa. Along the way of Simba's journey, he learns the true meaning of stepping up for the ones you love as well as what it means to reign supreme as the wilds true king.

The Kitchen Film Review

The Kitchen is a film that stars Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish and Elizabeth Moss as three women who, after years of playing the stereotypical women's role in their marriages, are now challenged with stepping up after their husbands are arrested in a robbery. Not your typical crime drama, we see three “Femme Fatales" as our leads mixed up in the nitty-gritty realities of crime. Which, in my opinion, serves as a high for the film to see the growth among the women as they turn into a force not to be reckoned with.