Rico Montez Chandler

Two suspects named in shooting

Detectives have identified two suspects — one of which has been arrested — believed to be involved in an attempted murder shooting that occurred in the 1000 block of McCarthy Court.

James Willard Chandler, 41, was arraigned on a four—count felony warrant. He has been charged with assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to cause great bodily harm less than murder, assault with a dangerous weapon and use of a firearm while committing a felony.

Chandler was given a $250,000 bond and a preliminary exam has been scheduled for Feb. 16.

Deputies said the other suspect, Rico Montez Chandler, has not been arrested yet and should be considered armed and dangerous.
Rico Chandler, 35, has been charged with a three count felony warrant — assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to cause great bodily harm less than murder and assault with a dangerous weapon.

The incident occurred at 7:15 p.m. on Jan. 29 after deputies arrived on the scene and found a victim with a gunshot wound in his arm.

The victim was uncooperative, but deputies were able to confirm the victim knows the suspects. The victim was transported to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Individuals with information pertaining to the shooting or the whereabouts of Rico Montez Chandler are asked to call the W.C.S.O. Confidential Tip Line at (734) 973-7711 or 1-800-SPEAK-UP.