Spring delivers fun new clothing trends

Time to peel off those layers of sweaters and past season woes and break out for spring. The season has brought many exciting trends. Some of these trends we’ve seen before, others are still working their way into our wardrobes and some of us have no clue what they are. In no particular order, here are some of this season’s top trends.

Stripes have been on and off for the past year but have made another debut this season. Many people have added stripes as a statement piece, such as striped boat neck tops or even daring striped pants. With the weather warming up dresses and skirts are easy pieces to achieve this look. Guys can always add striped V-necks to their wardrobe as well.

One of the most popular spring trend is the ’90s revival. It’s time to pull out all of your favorite thrift pieces, from windbreakers to logo loving apparel, and make them your own. An easy way to add a ’90s flare to your wardrobe are crop tops and tie dye, especially for those of us who aren’t into advertising. Speaking of crop tops, they are a woman’s safe haven when it comes to simple fashion. They can be paired and layered with almost anything and are very popular in today’s fashion. Although the weather is heating up, don’t let it hold you back from your fashion potential.

A trend that has been present in a few past seasons is leather. One leather piece added to your outfit can take you from boring to bold. Faux leather can easily help you achieve this look while beating the heat. Leather shorts, peplum tops and even cotton T-shirts with leather short sleeves are some of the most popular leather pieces to bring out this spring.

Floral patterns are simple to wear for those of us not audacious enough for leather. Many of the spring trends are all about patterns. Global and tribal prints are two of the many patterns that have been filling the racks of many stores. These patterns can be pieced with “plain jane” ensemble pieces, such as basic solid colored shirts or pants, to add a little flare to your outfit.

Rounding off the end of the list is white shoes. White shoes have been questionable in fashion. Some would argue that they are a must have, while others believe they are a fashion don’t, but this spring is all about white shoes. Sundresses and skirts can be easily paired with these pieces and guys can always match a nice pair of white shoes with almost anything.