I.M.A.G.E. holds 3rd annual talent show

On Thursday, April 10, Inspired Motivational Activists Geared toward Education (I.M.A.G.E.) held its third annual Talent Showcase in Eastern Michigan University’s Student Center Auditorium. It was the final showcase for the semester. The members of the organization performed pieces that conveyed their particular talent.

I.M.A.G.E. is a performing arts organization that features students with any type of talent such as singing, acting, poetry, dancing, rap, etc. The goal of the organization is to present educational programs that will provide students with tips on how to be successful as university students towards graduation.

Performances included skits, performed by the actors of I.M.A.G.E.. Some performances were, borrowedtaken from various movies and television shows, original raps that were written by up-and-coming rappers and songs.

The president of I.M.A.G.E., Kristianna Bell, was impressed by the show.

“I am so proud of I.M.A.G.E.,” said Bell said,. “I have been a member since the beginning and it is so surreal to see the members grow so much in their talents.”

The members of I.M.A.G.E. practice daily and there are directors within the group to keep each section unified.

The showcase was the last event to wrap up I.M.A.G.E. Week, which presented different events such as an improv show, and the Night of Hope, which was a gospel show.

Being a campus organization for just three years, I.M.A.G.E. is getting a lot of attention on campus.

“I make sure I come to every I.M.A.G.E. event I can attend,” said Taylor Rainey, a sophomore at EMUsophomore Taylor Rainey said. “I support the [organization] and I love to see the shows. They are really talented.”

Anyone interested in becoming a member of I.M.A.G.E. should audition at the beginning of the fall semester. I.M.A.G.E. begins to recruit potential members at Fajita Fest. The audition process is simple. Just show off your talent to the E-Board of I.M.A.G.E. and then, if accepted, you will be invited back to attend meetings.

“It is important that we get people who are passionate about their talent and also committed to the organization,” said Bell said.