Advertising_board_smaller.jpg

Advice: How to ace calculus

Here are some simple steps to pass your calculus class with an A.

Since being in elementary school I have naturally been good at math, but calculus somehow managed to make me think otherwise. I also know that a lot of college students struggle with calculus classes all the time, as it is one of the toughest classes at EMU. So, in this article, I will try my best to help all of you out.

The very first step of passing a hard class is having a good professor. Although many students might not care about who the instructor is, I can assure you that if you choose a nicer professor then you will be able to get through the struggle easier. Therefore, when registering for a calculus class, always choose the professor first. A great resource is using the rate my professor’s website, which could help you make the choice. It allows you to see a rating out of 5 when it comes to level and if people would take the class again, as well as more specific comments from students who have had class with the professor previously.

Secondly, never study at the last minute. I know we have heard this piece of advice more than a hundred times during school, but it really does make a difference. Studying day by day and understanding the material in the same week it was explained makes it easier to know where exactly you are stuck and ask the instructor about it. While if you leave everything till the last second, then you won’t remember the formulas or the steps for each problem set.

Finally, you might find yourself stuck some days and feeling like you have no idea what’s going on. Believe me, as someone who has been in a calculus class, that is totally normal. You can always feel better when sitting with someone one-to-one and going over the things that you didn’t understand. That is what tutors are for. You can schedule as many meetings as you want to make sure that you understand the material well.

In conclusion, calculus can be so fun if you know what you are doing. On the other hand, it can also be stressful if you don’t put enough effort into it. Remember practice makes perfect and if others could do it then you absolutely can too.