Hassan Beydoun run

Hassan Beydoun earns Biletnikoff and Maxwell Award watch list nominations

Beydoun becomes the first EMU player to receive the Biletnikoff nomination pre-season accolade since Sergio Bailey in 2017.

Eastern Michigan University senior wide receiver Hassan Beydoun has been named to the 2022 Biletnikoff Award and 2022 Maxwell Award watch lists. Officially announced by the Maxwell Football Club and the Tallahassee Quarterback Club Foundation, Beydoun is one of five Mid-American Conference (MAC) receivers named to the Biletnikoff Award's 42-man list and one of six MAC players named to the Maxwell Award's 85-man list.

Annually presented by the Tallahassee Quarterback Club Foundation, the Biletnikoff Award is awarded to the season's most outstanding college football receiver. The award defines receiver as any player who catches a pass, qualifying tight ends, inside receivers, wide receivers, split ends, slot backs, and running backs as eligible nominations.

Hassan Beydoun entered the EMU football program as a walk-on. Not long after his first snaps at Rynearson Stadium, Beydoun has developed into the Eagles' first option on offense. During the 2021 season, he recorded 1,015 yards on 97 receptions, setting the record for receptions in a season at EMU (EMUEagles.com). Beydoun's illustrious 2021 season registered him as the first 1,000-yard wide receiver since 2004.

Beydoun would be the third Michigan native to claim the Biletnikoff Award since University of Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards in 2004 and Michigan State University wide receiver Charles Rogers in 2002.

Hassan Beydoun, a 5-foot-8, 175-pound senior, is one of six Mid-American Conference players nominated on the preseason list for the 86th Maxwell Award. Named in honor of Robert "Tiny" Maxwell, the Maxwell Award has been annually awarded to the College Player of the Year since 1937.

Beydoun recorded three games with more than 10 catches last season, establishing Beydoun as one of only three players throughout the NCAA to record three-or-more such games (alongside Jerreth Sterns of Western Kentucky University and Drake London of University of Southern California).

The Maxwell Football Club will announce semifinalists for the Maxwell Award on November 1, 2022, followed up by a reveal of the three finalists for the Maxwell Award on November 22, 2022. The winners of the 86th Maxwell Award will be announced as part of the ESPN Home Depot College Football Awards Show held on December 8, 2022.