Halloween Ends

Review: 'Halloween Ends' brings a horrendous ending to an incredible franchise

This film is an unnecessary addition to the franchise.

When you think the "Halloween” franchise couldn't get any worse, meet "Halloween Ends." If you know what's good for you I’d stop at "Halloween Kills" and forget this movie ever existed (just like Halloween II).

Synopsis

Four years after her last encounter with Michael Myers, Laurie Strode tries to embrace life and let go of her fear. However, with a town living in constant chaos, people become unhinged. A young man is accused of murdering a boy he was babysitting and it throws Laurie back into the spiral of evil and forces her to confront it one last time.

“Halloween Ends” stars Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, Andi Matchak as Allyson Nelson, Rohan Campbell as Corey Cunningham, and James Jude Courtney as Michael Myers.

What I loved 

I cannot for the life of me think of one thing I loved about this movie. It felt like a rollercoaster, but in the worst way. I would like to say I loved the nostalgia and flashbacks, but they looked like a photoshop collage done by a middle schooler.

Needless to say, I know why this film went straight to Peacock.

What I didn't love

The whole plot. The entire plot was unnecessary and confusing for a "Halloween" film. Not only do we have an unnecessary antagonist just so we can rely on the nostalgia factor, but we see Michael Myers for a total of 15 minutes (and that's being generous).

It feels like a cop-out to say the whole film, so ill just briefly summarize some things I didn't love.

There were so many random flashback collages added to the film (you don't need a flashback to the film from a year ago). It wasn't scary in the slightest, it just made you tilt your head and go huh?

Also, the whole film basically victim-shames people for their trauma and it's just very overdone and exhausting. I could go on, but ill save the time and just says it's lackluster at best.

Verdict

I would suggest watching this movie if you want a good laugh at what they did to the franchise, other than that just stick to the original.

I would give “Halloween Ends” a 1 out of 10.