home.jpeg

Opinion: Top five classic Christmas movies

These Christmas movies show humor and entertainment to the audience. They give us that lighthearted feeling during this time of the year.

Christmas is the greatest time of year to curl up with a blanket and watch a Christmas movie. I rewatch the best Christmas movies every year, and even when there isn't any snow outside, it still feels like Christmas. Oftentimes, people find hope in Christmas movies.

At the end of every year, the classic films inspire people to believe in all the good that exists in this world. I believe that we all need some hope in our lives, which is why we keep returning to the same movies year after year.

5. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (1965)

The original Peanuts special, "A Charlie Brown Christmas," capitalized on the comic strip's success in 1965. This Peanuts-based tradition has become just as well-known as the tale of Kris Kringle himself, sending viewers into joyful fits of the neck-tipping dancing year after year. The jazz score by Vince Guaraldi, which is lighthearted and charming like a snowflake falling, is its most enduring accomplishment.

4. "Edward Scissorhands" (1990)

Edward Scissorhands, played by Johnny Depp, is a picture of stylish respectable with his electric-shock hairstyle and strange black body armor for one thing.

Although his creator passed away in the middle of the project, this artificial monster has scissors instead of hands.

Before the Avon Woman visits him, he sits in his dark, lonely mansion, alone and deadly. She extends an invitation to him to come over, and he then charms her neighbors and family with his talent for gardening and unusual hair styling.

Tim Burton's movie is comparable to his previous Pee-Big Wee's Adventure in terms of its distorted view of suburban life. It's a sight to behold, complete with pastel homes, bizarre plants, and weird clothing, but it still feels oddly hollow.

It is one of the odd strange Christmas movies, but it gives us a beautiful story.

3. "Elf" (2003)

Considering Buddy, played by Will Ferrell, is a human and was transported back to the North Pole as a newborn after becoming lost and falling into the old boy's bag on the Christmas run, he is unique. He has been brought up according to the customs of the hardworking, good-natured elves, but now it's time for him to travel to far-off New York where he learns that his real father is a cranky publisher who rightfully believes his "son" is a dangerous lunatic.

Along with Buddy's pointy hat and tights, this movie gives laughs and makes you feel joyful.

2. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (2000)

The iconic Dr. Seuss classic has been brought to life in this vibrant live-action Ron Howard version. Despite the addition of scenes that weren't in the original books, anyone who is familiar with the plot and the Chuck Jones cartoon from 1966 would probably appreciate this version as well.

The angry green machine, played by Jim Carrey, is entertaining and unforgettable, and he completely steals the show. Without him, I don't believe this movie would be as good as I do now. This movie gives the audience a chance to laugh with the comedy presented by Carrey, it gives us entertainment.

1. "Home Alone" (1990)

In the funny movie "Home Alone," a little boy Kevin, played by Macaulay Culkin, accidentally stays at home alone over the Christmas break while the rest of his family travels to Europe. Kevin initially enjoys the situation, but as soon as he finds out that burglars Harry and Marv are after his property, he becomes utterly terrified. For an eight-year-old, Kevin is fairly intelligent, and when they attack, he already has preparations in place.

Both Chris Columbus' direction and the overly ambitious screenplay are clever. This movie offers something for everyone, and the fact that it is set around the Christmas season just adds to its charm.