The Eastern Echo Sunday, Sept. 1, 2024 | Print Archive

What's the move at EMU? Jan. 23 - 27

Terrarium Workshop - Jan .23

Join Botany Club as they demonstrate how to put together tropical and desert terrariums in mason jars. This event runs from 5 - 7 p.m. in the EMU Greenhouse.

Sip-n-Shop - Jan. 24

The women’s center at EMU is partnering with the career closet to teach students about professional attire, offering mocktails and light refreshments. Students get four free items to take home with them from the closet.

This event runs from 3 - 5 p.m. in McKenny Hall room 200.

Documentary Discussion: "Neshoba: The Price of Freedom" - Jan. 25

Leroy Clemons, civil rights activist and leader, will show clips from the documentary "Neshoba: The Price of Freedom" and discuss how he led the movement to bring the murderer of three civil rights activists to justice. This event runs from 5 - 7 p.m. in Student Center Ballroom B.

ALICE training - Jan. 26

Join this free training with the EMU Police Department to learn more about ALICE. Read more about this event in our featured story. This event runs from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. in Marshall room 119. This is a pre-registered event that is LBC- approved.

Don't Touch My Hair - Jan . 27 

Meet with N.A.P.S. at EMU to make your own hair oil and learn about what you need for your hair to flourish with live presentations. This event runs from 5 - 7:30 p.m. in the Student Center room 310-C.

Open Mic Night - Jan. 27

Bridge Community Cafe is hosting an open mic Friday from 6-8 p.m. for young poets are artists to share their work. This event centers around BIPOC youth from ages 14 - 22 and is hosted by Youth Arts Alliance and Staying Power.