Sabrina McNeill

EMU soccer finishes first MAC home game in tie against Ball State, 1-1

Freshman Kate Robinson leads the league in assists

The Eastern Michigan University women’s soccer team hosted Ball State Sept. 24 for their first MAC home game of the season. The match-up resulted in a draw between the two teams, 1-1. 

“Today was good for us playing one of the top teams, so for us to get a tie with them is a good start for us,” Head Coach, Scott Hall, said. 

Lily Spotak scored the first goal of the game during the first half, assisted by Kate Robinson who leads the MAC in assists. The goal scored by Spotak went unanswered until the second half with a goal from Ball State’s Lexi Fraley. 

“I thought we got good momentum early in the first half, but it kind of trickled off a little bit as we started the second half,” Hall said. "Ball State stuck it to us last year so it was nice to come back and have a push back after the good beating we got last year." 

Next up, the Eagles will travel to Ohio for a match-up against the Kent State Golden Flashes Sept. 28.

“They're a good team and they've had good results, we're a pretty young team so we're still trying to get things right trying to get players back who are injured,” Hall said. “It's a hard place to play at, they [Kent State] play in a football stadium so it'll be under the lights, a little bit different, but we'll enjoy coming back on Sunday.”

To stay in the know about all things soccer follow the team on Instagram @EMUSoccer and Twitter @EMUSoccer.