Pease_Auditorium_01.JPG

Students perform 'Anything Goes' at the Pease Auditorium

The EMU Dance Program presented the spring "Anything Goes" performance at the Pease Auditorium on Friday, April 19, with members of the Company E team providing dancers and choreographers.

This program was student-directed and featured guest performers. The choreographers consisted of Catherine Zochowski, Shanel Nicols, Mackenzie Toth, Jill Hagemeier, Kelly Clair, Riley Kellogg, Isabelle Royston, Erica Crowther, Alana Stone, Kayla Robbins, Ashley ODonuhue, Mirayah Adams. Each performance had different elements within its routines. Some pieces of the show included a circus theme as the dancers had outfits akin to ringleaders or clowns. Multiple notable song pieces were also included in the performance, such as "Come on Eileen" and a snippet of a monologue from the "Barbie" movie.

Lily Lee, an EMU student and one of the performers at "Anything Goes," has been dancing for 15 years and said her experience at the dance program has helped her in her dance journey. 

"I want to give people the ability to give people a piece of art to help go through something," Lee said.

The audience, which consisted of families and friends of the dancers, provided support for the dancers to keep supporting their dreams on a Friday night.