The rowing team

EMU rowing team records three victories over Dayton on Senior Day

The Eagles' 1V8, 1V4, and 2V4 boats earned wins over the Flyers on Ford Lake in Ypsilanti, Michigan

On May 1, the Eastern Michigan University women’s rowing team competed against the University of Dayton on Ford Lake in Ypsilanti, MI. The Eagles collected three wins over the Flyers.

The EMU rowing program dedicated the matchup against the Flyers as Senior Day, celebrating seniors Priscilla Brom, Anna Eschenburg, Brianna Gracey, Mary Hemgesberg, Brynne Harder, and Carly Szymanski at the last home race before heading to the Colonial Athletic Association Championship.

Each course consisted of 2000 meters straight on Ford Lake.

The first race of the day was the 2V4. The Eagles finished first with a time of 8:28.28 with the Flyers following in at 8:38.32.

The 2V4 lineup had Eschenburg, Lindsay Rock, Emma Wyss, Megan Fowler, with Tiffany Chen coxing the boat.

The battle between the 2V8 boats was the closest race of the morning. EMU finished half a second behind Dayton at 7:22.82 and the Flyers at 7:22.25.

The 2V8 lineup consisted of Priscilla Brom, Abbey Simpson, Alexis Kettler, Jessica LaRoy, Caitlin Rodanhisler, Arden Schirru, Claire Greenfelder, and Kristen Ford with Olivia Bray as the coxswain.

The 1V4 boats competition followed, resulting in another win for the Eagles with a time of 8:49.39. The Flyers crossed the line at 9:06.10.

The 1V4 lineup had Gracey, Alexandria Parsons, Kelly Truitt, and Emily Gandy with Alexandra Walsh coxing the boat.

Next was the 1V8 race. EMU recorded a winning time of 7:13.2. Dayton followed in second at 7:25.8.

The 1V8 lineup consisted of Chloe Hinojosa, Harder, Reagan Fazekas, Szymanski, Lily Wilhelm, Ariel Sutton, Lauren Ahern, and Hemgesberg.

The matchup between the Eagles and Flyers concluded with the 3V8 boats. The Flyers claimed victory with a time of 8:10.86. The Eagles crossed the finish line at 8:41.66.

“We had some good results especially with some last-minute switches due to illness. It was really good to see speed starting to develop in the 4's. Now we are going to hit the push for CAAs,” said Coach Kemp Savage (emueagles.com).

EMU will travel to Pennsauken, NJ to compete in the CAA Championships on May 15 on the Cooper River.