Roundup: Volleyball team falls to fifth place in MAC after two losses this weekend

Volleyball
The Eastern Michigan women’s volleyball team lost both its games this weekend, including its regular season finale to Western Michigan, 3-1. Eagles’ volleyball falls to the fifth seed in the MAC, heading into the tournament that begins on Tuesday against No. 15 Bowling Green. The No. 5 Eagles will host that match at the Convocation center at 7 p.m.

Swimming
Men’s and Women’s swimming fell to Purdue on Friday.

The Men lost 108-187, despite Jacob Hanson’s first place finishes in the 200 back stroke (1:48.6), and 200 individual medley (1:52.49).

The women’s team suffered a similar fate, losing 198-97. Briana Emig took first in the 1,000 freestyle (10:14), finished second in the 500 freestyle (5:02) and placed fourth in the 200 freestyle (1:55.5).

Cross Country
The women’s cross country team placed 18th (512) in the Great Lakes Regional in Rochester, Mich., posting a team average time of 22:45. The Eagles were without two of their better runners; Morgan Churchwell (injury) and Lauren Quaintance (illness).

Courtney Calka was named to the All-Region team with her 21st place finish of 21:22.

Men’s cross country placed 11th at the Great Lakes Regional, posing a score of 294.

Terefe Ejigu finished in 15th with a time of 30:41. Ejigu was named to the All-Region team, the second time he has been named for it in two years.