Concept by Jodi F. Bullock and artwork by David Woodward.

Author’s ‘War on Men’ is nonexistent

In two recent columns on FoxNews.com, author Suzanne Venker sought to warn the public about a brutal war being fought right here in our own country: the war on men.

And it’s being waged by modern women.

But fear not, male readers. This war is a figment of Venker’s imagination, culled from cherry-picked data, anecdotal evidence and fact distortion. The so-called “war on men” does not exist, and to claim that women are the culprits is an ignorant denial of the real inequalities women face.

In “The War on Men,” Venker cites a 2011 Pew Research Center poll that reported 29 percent of men said having a successful marriage is one of the most important things in their lives, compared to 35 percent in 1997.

In Venker’s world, a 6 percent drop in how many men are prioritizing marriage can only mean one thing: Women must be doing something to drive them away.

And if her single Pew poll isn’t enough to convince you, Venker comes armed with vague anecdotal evidence, stating she has spoken to “hundreds, if not thousands” (a number range that doesn’t breed confidence in the findings) of men and in the process came across a subculture of men who say they will never get married because “women aren’t women anymore.”

Today’s women are all angry, defensive feminists who browbeat men and push them away.

Women are going to war with men instead of making (monogamous heterosexual) love to them.

And what’s the modern woman’s weapon of choice? Daring to work outside the home.

According to an employment report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, women made up 49 percent of the workforce in November.
Is it possible that nearly half of all people working in the U.S. are only showing up to a job every day as part of a stubborn crusade to emasculate men?

Or is it more likely that women work so they can do crazy, modern, independent woman things like buy groceries and pay bills?

It’s not surprising to learn that Venker co-authored a book with her aunt, Phyllis Schlafly, the conservative anti-feminist lawyer, writer and activist, who in the 1970s led the opposition to the Equal Rights Amendment.

Venker appears to have adopted her aunt’s position as a hypocrite, as she enjoys a family and a writing career advising women to surrender to their femininity and allow men to provide for them.

“The fact is,” Venker said, “women need men’s linear career goals – they need men to pick up the slack in the office – in order to live the balanced life they seek.”

What Venker fails to mention (or perhaps does not know) is that many men are only able to obtain those linear career goals because they have a wife to take care of the majority of unpaid labor at home.

And according to the BLS, 70 percent of women with children under the age of 18 also work outside the home for wages, getting paid 77 percent of what a man is paid for the same job, of course.

Men sure have it rough!

If Fox and the delusional writers they pay were to take an honest look at reality-based facts, they’d see that feminists aren’t fighting to bring men to their knees, they’re fighting to put women and men on equal ground.