Eastern Michigan midfielder Kristin Nason in the Eagles 8-1 loss to Michigan on Aug. 21 2015 in Ann Arbor, MI.

Eastern Michigan stomped 7-0 by No. 19 Depaul

The Eastern Michigan University women’s soccer team dropped its third consecutive game on Friday evening when they lost 7-0 to No. 19 ranked DePaul University in Loyola, Ill.

The match was played as part of the Loyola Invitational. Taking part in the invitational are Eastern Michigan, DePaul, Loyola-Chicago University and Saint Francis University.

DePaul (2-0-1) took the lead early in the match, scoring its first goal in the 16th minute, with DePaul putting more pressure on the Eagles as the game went on. The Eagles (0-3) had chances of their own though.

Four minutes after DePaul’s goal, Eastern had a quality chance on goal with senior Chelsie Oddan delivering a cross into the box, which was met by the head of junior Ellie Tillar, who put the ball over the net.

The Eagles found themselves in more trouble when a foul in the box gave DePaul a penalty kick, allowing the Blue Demons to double their lead after Elise Wyatt put the ball past senior goalkeeper Megan McCabe.

Forty-nine seconds into the second half DePaul went up by three after Wyatt scored her second goal of the night, slipping the ball past McCabe at the far post. Two goals in the 60th and 72nd minutes by DePaul put the Eagles behind 5-0 against the Blue Demons with no chance of coming back.

Wyatt completed her hat trick in the 85th minute after firing a laser of a shot past McCabe from the top of the box. DePaul added a seventh goal in the 87th minute to close out the game.

Despite conceding seven goals, McCabe came up with six saves, while Tillar registered a shot on goal, and senior Megan Trapp fired two shots on goal but wasn’t able to put one past DePaul goalkeepers Alejandria Godinez and Lauren Frasca.

Looking Forward

The Eagles will finish out the Loyola Invitational on Sunday afternoon when they go up against Loyola-Chicago University. Eastern Michigan’s women’s soccer team will be looking to secure their first victory of the season.

Social Media

Follow Robert Sherman on Twitter: @r__sherman