enrique-guzman-egas-apgWRq2Vbzg-unsplash.jpg

Opinion: Best horror movie soundtracks of all time

The right song can change any movie, especially when it comes to horror. From "Insidious" to Michael Meyers, here are some of the best scary movie soundtracks.

October is a time of fall, cider and most of all, horror. Scary movies are a pivotal part of the month of October and so are their sinister theme songs.

Here are some of the best horror movie theme songs of all time.

"Jeepers Creepers"

The simple chorus of “Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers? Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?” delivers so much fear and anxiety, it is impressive. This old timey song is the perfect track for the ancient demon and is one of the most well-known Halloween songs.

"Nightmare on Elm Street"

"Nightmare on Elm Street" in general may be one of the most well-known horror movies of all time. Freddy Kreuger and his theme song have been referenced throughout pop culture for decades.

Honestly, there is not much scarier than creepy children, add in echo effects and some reverb, and there is one of the most popular theme songs of all time.

"Halloween"

By the first three piano keys, everyone knows what’s about to happen. Though it is a simple song, it is catchy. Michael Meyers' silent persona is paired with a memorable track created by John Carpenter.

"Insidious"

The Tiny Tim song “Through the Tulips'' already leaves goosebumps on people's necks. Add that to one of the best horror movies of the 21st century, it has now become synonymous with the red face demon from "Insidious."

"Jaws"

There is no soundtrack that built greater anticipation than the "Jaws" theme song. The dramatic build up of drums and strings have been ingrained in the minds of millions for decades. John Williams doing so much with only two notes may be more impressive than even Michael Meyers' theme.

"Us"

The release of the remix of the classic Luniz track "I Got 5 On It" built extreme anticipation for this movie. The chilling strings and echoing vocals may be the most suspenseful theme song on this list. It is almost impossible to hear the original song now without thinking of Jordan Peele's hit movie.

Honorable Mentions

Some other great horror film soundtracks include: "The Thing," "Rosemary Baby," "Psycho," "Candyman," and "Final Destination."

There is nothing better than watching a scary movie during the fall season. All these movies listed have been fundamental horror movies in many households, and their theme songs have not only struck fear into viewers hearts, but are loved by many too.