The Eastern Echo Sunday, Sept. 1, 2024 | Print Archive

Student Center (Color)

What's the move at EMU? Jan. 30 - Feb. 5

Check out these events on and around campus this week.

EMU Theatre Student Written One-Act Festival - Jan. 29 - Feb. 1

Join and support EMU Theatre by watching four one-act staged readings written by EMU students. The festival is suggested for those aged 14+.

This event runs at 5 p.m and 8 p.m. on select days in lab theater room 107.

WRC & Career closet sip-n-shop - Jan.24

Learn about professional attire while having some mocktails and light refreshments. Students get 4 free items to take home with them from the closet. This event runs from 3 - 5 p.m. in McKenny Hall room 200.

Clearing Misconceptions - Jan. 30

Join EMU MSA for a discussion and Q & A session about the meaning behind hijabi women and listen to personal stories given by hijabi women. This event is open to all and will run from 4-6 p.m in the Student Center room 352.

World Hijab Day - Feb. 1

Join the WRC, CORE, and EMU Muslim Student Association to celebrate World Hijab Day. This event will run from 9:30 - 11 a.m at the Student Center Lobby tables.

Black professionals panel - Feb. 2

Join BHSO for a Black History Month kickoff. Join for discussions on being Black in the workforce, mental health, career development and more. Free headshots will be available for those interested and light food and drinks will be provided. This event will run at 6 p.m in the Student Center room 300.

Dip Wars - Feb. 2

Join Bronze beauties, EMU YBBW, and P.I.N.K for the 2nd annual dip wars. There will be three different dips with one winner, and the dip will be $1 a piece to try. This event will run from 6-8 p.m. in the Student Center room 320.

Poets for Palestine - Feb. 3

This event features artists, vendors, raffles, poetry, mocktails and more. The doors will open at 6 p.m., and the poetry reading begins at 7:30 p.m. at Bridge Community Cafe. There is a suggested donation of $10 to help fundraise and support direct aid.

Off campus excursion with the black student union - Feb. 3

Join for a trip to the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History. The ticket price of $15 includes transportation and admission. This event takes place from 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Clothing swap - Feb. 5

Join a community based economy where you bring what you don't wear and grab something new at this free clothing swap. This event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Bridge Community Cafe.

Dream Cafe - Feb. 5

Join a group for dream analysis and interpretation. This event will run from 1-3 p.m. at Bridge Community Cafe.